Application Support Engineer
In the Role of the Application support engineer you will:
• Provide software application support in a Cloud Native environment.
• Monitor application behaviour and proactively take action on
application upon abnormal execution indicators until normal patterns
• Act as 2nd line support for incidents raised taking the lead or
collaborating in the analysis with other support engineers and
escalating to 3rd line support when necessary
• Use and create error recovery recipes for the
• Help in the analysis of root causes of application errors or system mal
• Support test teams in issue analysis and environment related
• Participate in post-mortem analysis of incidents and identify and
document improvement points
• Validate troubleshooting documentation and error recovery
procedures delivered by development teams
• Perform analyses on software application functionality and suggest
• Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and
clients to improve application performance.
• Keep track of configuration changes and scheduled application
• Produce monitoring and error recovery process requirements
• Document processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
• Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Must have Skills (Demonstrable experience required):
• Demonstrable experience (+ 3 years) as an application support
engineer in a mission critical environment in big organizations
• Good knowledge of Cloud Native micro-service applications execution
architecture and solution design patterns specially in Kubernetes in
Public and Private cloud environments
• Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application mal
functioning and restoration procedures in Cloud Native applications
• Demonstrable experience in application monitoring and application
Key monitoring Indicators
• Knowledge and experience on monitoring and troubleshooting
activities in Red Hat OCP
• Availability for stand-by/on-call working model
• Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
• Good communication skills