This role will suit an experienced Automation/IT system administrator with experience of building and maintaining virtual system architecture for critical applications and performing upgrades of automation system infrastructure. The role will involve the design, installation, qualification, and upgrade of client automation systems. Knowledge of DCS and/or PLC/SCADA systems is essential.
- Support design of new automation system infrastructure for client projects
- Install, configure and maintain new / existing systems
- Assist with the implementation of new/upgraded systems and/or virtualisation.
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Write, review, and update SDLC documentation for automation systems (RS, SDS, HDS, Protocols, etc).
- Perform Qualification testing on new / existing systems
- Disaster Recovery Planning and testing
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of Hyper-V, VMWare, Dell VRTX
- Knowledge of Emerson DeltaV, PLC/SCADA, Hardware and Networking
- IT Security/cybersecurity experience essential.
- IT BackUp & Disaster Recovery
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Windows 7/10) with knowledge of Active Directory.
- Awareness of Quality Assurance Processes
- Support & Troubleshooting Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
- Availability to work outside office hours when the need arises
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your CV so that we can get in touch and provide you with more information about this role. Apply directly via the “Apply now” button.
If you want to refer someone, please click “Refer someone” for proper financial compensation for each potential candidate we successfully recruit.