Job Description for AWS Data Engineer.
The AWS Data Engineer will deliver high quality data pipelines on the IKANO Bank Data Platform. As these are our first steps in our AWS journey, there is a big possibility to contribute to how we work, how we build and how we ensure quality. The AWS Data Engineer will work in close collaboration with the AWS Data Engineer Lead, other Data Engineers and Data Analysts, implementing well-performing, re-usable code with a high degree of quality.
- Developing high-quality data pipelines, making data available on the IKANO Bank Data Platform.
- Create reusable components and enhance existing flows and components.
- Provide documentation at the right level, to help others understand and support what you have
- As we work in a DevOps fashion – be responsible for what you build and for the deliveries of the
team as a whole.
- Role: AWS Data Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Extensive knowledge of the AWS Data Lake – related services, i.e. AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Athena,
AWS Select and AWS Lambda.
- Good knowledge of Kafka integration.
- Good knowledge of data modelling.
- Good knowledge or relational databases.
- Knowledge and experience from development of Data Lakes in AWS, using AWS technologies.
- Experience with ELT/ETL tools and processing.
- Experience with data lake concepts.
- Experience working with data quality.
- Experience working with Bank/Finance is an advantage
Bachelor or Master in Computer Engineering or Informatics or comparable education and/or
- Excellent developer skills in the software that will be used
- Good technical architecture skills
- Excellent communication skills, both in speaking and writing
- Needs to be able to work both individually and working together
- Structured, analytical and accurate
- Fluent in English
- Awareness and handling of cultural differences
- Strong will to gain new knowledge
Area of responsibility:
You will be part of a small and focused team (around 5 people) that will put our first pipelines in
production on our new Data Platform.