Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud/Defender)
- Job Summary – highlight project details/what is exciting about the role :
- Key Responsibilities – list what the person will be doing on a day to day basis: % of time
• Ensure projects utilizing Windows servers and Desktops are appropriately
engineered and secured using best practices for the specific solution or
• Perform technical problem resolution and support with minimal guidance to
• Professionally interface with internal customers and cross departmental teams
with the ability to chair high level meetings
• Perform technical leadership in developing and documenting
roadmapsstrategies for the Windows platform team.
• Stay abreast of current technologies and make recommendations based on
knowledge and research.
• Creates technology roadmaps and looks for innovationautomation ideas
• Manage SCCM, SMA, McAfee, Microsoft ATP Defender, Group Policy, and
industry best practices while keeping security top of mind
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Windows Server and
desktop technologies is expected
• ATP Microsoft Defender experience is essential.
• Microsoft Azure administration experience.
- Job Requirements
As per the 2006 Age Discrimination Act please do not specify number of years experience. Use words like
Extensive, Strong, Good, Fair
• Essential Skills:
• Strong understanding of Windows Server operating systems,
virtualization, networking, server hardware
• Strong understanding of Active Directory
• Knowledge of ADFS, DirSync, AzureAD
• Strong knowledge of scripting, Powershell, automation and monitoring
• Knowledge of major Windows services DFS, DHCP, AD, DNS and File
Services. Networking fundamentals
• Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and
• Act as security subject matter expert and engaging with security
personnel in other departments and organizations
• Manage user accounts and assigns/updates security permissions on
the domain according to security policies
• Knowledge of security practices and policies. Ensure security and
compliance of the supported cloud services.
• Knowledge of On-prem AD, including Group Policy And Azure AD
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Active Directory
• Expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection
• Ability to do triage and provide impact analysis on Vulnerabilities’
identified in Windows Defender
• Experience with Security event analysis and intrusion detection
• Azure security controls leveraging security expertise, partner/client
feedback, industry trends, and other data insights
• Continuously assess the baseline security control’s effectiveness
• Define Azure security controls and work across organizations to drive
their successful and timely implementation
Nice to Have Skills.
• Windows security and audit (FFIEC, PCI, NSA, etc…) compliance
knowledge is a plus.
• Communication and Reporting Skills
• Microsoft windows and cloud certification
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
4.Travel required – NO