Task 1: System administrator for the AV Network
• Install, configure and maintain software, hardware and networks
• Manage and maintain the domain and active directory of the AV Unit
• Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues
• Keep systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs
• Ensure security and efficiency of the IT infrastructure
• Optimize and evaluate the system regularly, and make the required recommendations
• Train or direct users on the correct use of software and hardware within the systems
• Perform problem-solving tasks when alerted by a user or monitoring system
• Maintain complex switching environments
• Maintain multi-site network operations, software applications and operating systems
Task 2: Security and backup management
• Implement and manage security measures and controls to protect the integrity of the core infrastructure and
• Configure and setup firewalls (Fortinet/Checkpoint) and security appliances for access to vital systems
• Manage McAfee EPO policies for all systems
• Conduct technical R&D
• Manage the VPN connectivity
• Make recommendations for system upgrades, manage system changes, respond to user-reported problems;
• Be responsible for ensuring the servers are backed up, and that the server data is secure from unauthorized
• Execute vulnerability scans and take the necessary measures to patch (Nessus)
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
Task 3: Data Centre Design for the renewal of the AV facilities in the JAN building (new CTA in Brussels – Technical deployment program 2021-2023 & Webstreaming 4.0 implementation programme 2022- 2025)
• Execute strategic studies and engineering tasks in the domain of Data Centre Design.
• Execute architecture and technology studies.
• Define, prepare and execute tests or proofs of concept.
• Write technical specifications.
• Migration planning and supervision.
• Assess performance of solutions and make recommendations for improvement.
• In relation to information system: implement database, customize and parameterize, prototype and program, test
and do quality control, support, train and document
- Key Responsibilities:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storages,
etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems
and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Perform (daily) backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to
the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site if needed (Veeam)
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures and coordinate and communicate accordingly with impacted teams
• Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
• Administer active directory, rights managements, and ensure domain operationality.
• Interface on a regular basis with the IT department of the European Parliament
• Be a team player
• Document and update plans and configuration documents
• Make recommendations on:
o the design of the Data Centre and the AV Network,
o the purchase of hardware and software
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
• 4 to 6 years proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or
similar role in an enterprise environment
• 4 to 6 years proven experience with practical implementations such as architecture and
technology selection, installation, configuration, test and operation.
• Ability to maintain and troubleshoot DHCP, DNS, Routing, VPN, IPSEC, (s)FTP(s), SSL
• Ability to troubleshoot Active Directory issues at forest level with multiple Child domain
scenarios and understanding of end to end Group Policy infrastructure; where needed
highly level scripting for random requirements.
• Expert knowledge with various operating systems and servers platforms (Windows, OSX,
Linux) and management tools (JAMF)
• L2, L3 expertise in Networking with hands on experience of network troubleshooting tools,
network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Nageos, Dataminer), understanding of network
• Experience with databases (SQL clusters), networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
• Thorough understanding of server virtualization (VMware VCenter and VSphere),and
storage solutions and technologies (NetApp, QNAP, SAN/NAS/Tape Libraries)
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. IPS/IDS) and data backup/recovery
• Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
• Experience with Oracle enterprise solutions is considered a benefit.
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Proactive approach in a professional environment, ability to identify what is essentialand
to draw logical conclusions.
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of Video over IP standards (SMPTE 2022-6, IEEE 1588 Precision Time
Protocol, AES 67, TR-03, TR-04…) is a plus
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Arista ACE, CCNA and/orCCDA
certification are a plus
- Optional additional competencies:
• Cloud technologies (Amazon AWS / Microsoft AZURE)
• Docker container deployment
• SIEM solutions
• CISCO ICE