Brief Summary of Role
A Vlocity Technical Lead provides day to day management of the implementation of
the solution, decomposition and assessment of the readiness of user stories,
and helps direct Appirio technical resources in the development of technical
components of that solution She/he will also assist the Appirio Technical Architect,
in addition the Technical Lead reduces the overall project technical risk. The
Technical Lead is responsible for early identification of issues and gaps by
uncovering those gaps in user stories, in skill sets of the development team and
keeping key project staff informed of this information. The Technical Lead is
responsible for the team’s adherence to the Appirio Vlocity Development Guidelines.
This is a hands-on role that requires technical experience and abilities with Vlocity,
Experience with Salesforce and middleware solutions such as Mulesoft.
• Hands-on experience with Vlocity DataRaptor, Vlocity Cards, Vlocity OmniScript,
VlocityDX, Vlocity Integration Procedures, Vlocity OM and OM+.
• Certification in a Vlocity supported industry is necessary
• Vlocity CLM is a plus but not required.
• Hands-on design and development of Lightning Web Components.
• Understand performance impacts of design decisions.
• Coaches and supports developing the team’s Vlocity skills.
• Accurately estimates the time required for yourself or others to complete particular
• Responsible for reviewing and determining the readiness of user stories.
• Decomposition of the user stories in sprints with the developer undertaking the
• Key person that the develop team goes to for support.
• Expected to be knowledgeable and experienced in the domain.
Education and Required Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent
combination of education and experience
• 4+ years of experience in a hands-on technical leadership position
• 3+ years of software development, Salesforce development experience preferred
• 1+ years of Vlocity project experience as Technical Lead
• Vlocity Platform Developer certification
• Vlocity CPQ certification or certification in either Salesforce CPQ or Apttus CPQ
• Vlocity OM certification is highly preferred.
• Familiarity with Salesforce technologies or comparable experience in HTML,
• Able to travel up to 40-60%
• One or more current Salesforce certifications (Platform Developer 1 or 2, App
Builder, Administrator/Advanced Administrator, Sales/Service Cloud) preferred
• Not eligible for Visa sponsorship
• We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• To be based in Europe, German speaking is preferred