What you’ll be doing
The role is an important role to ensure that the data platform delivers maximum
business value now and, in the future. The role will work across all product and
platform teams working the data platform and ensure that guard rails are set and
followed allowing teams autonomy but ensuring consistency. The role will
understand technical debt across the teams and ensure roadmaps prioritise this
alongside feature development. The role will ensure the data teams create
component based reusable capabilities that ensure TW can get sustainable value
from its data.
• Gain high-level understanding of end-to-end design of Data Factory Products
• Manage and update BizzDesign Artefacts, as and when new products are
• Work with the Thames’ Enterprise and Platform Architecture teams, as a
“Data Factory SME”, to address queries and concerns, and get required sign-
off for new products
• Work with Squads to ensure new products meet the needs of our security
standards and principles.
• Participates in project planning and develops project documents by identifying
areas of concern and dependencies (Identifies technical and business risks in
programs and proposes mitigations).
• Support the Practice leads for data engineering and data science in
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders; understanding business requirements
and providing technical input and/or solution offerings to help shape solutions.
• Engage and challenge Users, Business, and Business Analysts to shape and
formalise solution requirements
• Assists Programme Manager in preparing for steerco – developing artifacts
• business value of planned solutions, including Technical and non-financial
benefits, where necessary.
• Communicates business value of planned solutions to customers and Product
• Collaborate with Tech Leads to draft functional and non-functional
requirements of future products, and manage how these fits into the wider
“Data Factory ecosystem”
• Collaborate with development teams to ensure low-level design of new
products are feasible,
• are aligned with Architecture diagrams and do not compromise integrity of the
“Data Factory Ecosystem” (Not sure, but I think Matt H is currently doing
• Establish and direct proof of concepts in innovation and make
recommendations on technology adoption.
• Manages scalability as more products are developed and added to the Data