Brief Summary of Role:
Appirio Functional Solutions Architect are tasked with facilitating requirements development
sessions to gain an understanding of our customer’s current state processes and technology
in the CRM space, and supporting implementation work that follows. The FSA will elicit
current state pain points and uncover gaps in CRM best practices. From the session output,
the FSA will lead design, with the delivery team, for a future state solution and be
responsible for its approval and decomposition into user stories. When appropriate, they will
also produce more detailed supporting materials such as business cases, business process
diagrams, wireframes and other context diagrams.
As a Certified Salesforce Vlocity Consultant, the Appirio FSA should efficiently synthesize
both technical and business information and present implementation needs and options
confidently. The FSA presents complex information equally well to a level audience or a
developer community. The FSA has hands on experience implementing Salesforce.com
functionality and can act as a knowledgeable liaison between technical teams, testing teams
and business stakeholders during the implementation phase.
• Functional Solutions Architect will work onsite and remotely with customers to elicit
and analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement salesforce.com.
• Specific areas of concentration include: Build a clear requirements development
strategy for each customer engagement. Strong understanding of Salesforces
capabilities and limitations and can clearly communicate those to customers. Lead
discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of large audiences, solution
presentations, and prototype demonstrations.
• Ability to organize and drive process reengineering sessions
• Responsible for identification and inventory of customer process pain points and
gaps in best practices.
• Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into
technical process components. Perform business process modelling, User experience
modeling and basic technical architecture diagramming.
• Can interpret technical and business strategy roadmaps and apply a detailed
technical solution. Comfortable building and demonstrating prototypes in Salesforce.
Strong presenter to C Suite level audiences as well as technical teams.
• Comfortable with heavy involvement in user acceptance test planning.
• Effectively leverage multiple implementation team types (User experience, Change
Management, Global Development Centers, Developer Communities)
• Has hands on experience in several mid-size, global implementations using
salesforce.com in Communications/Telecommunication & Energy
Education and Required Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
combination of education and experience 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst
or Systems Consultant for a mid-to-large sized organization, or direct consulting
expertise leading sales and marketing transformation projects
• Must be from Telecom background
• Experience with salesforce.com configuration Experience with salesforce.com custom
• Experience with other CRM software (Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, Peoplesoft, NetSuite,
Right Now, etc.)
• Experience developing LOE’s in conjunction with sales Strong presentation and
• Familiarity with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL)
• Vlocity Platform Developer/Consultant certification
• Vlocity CPQ certification or certification in either Salesforce CPQ or Apttus
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.